Friday, January 15, 2010

Postgame reaction

My stay in LA has been great.

I stayed in this awesome hotel about a block away from where the office was. I was lucky enough to be able to check into my room early and take a little nap before I went to the interview.

After I woke up I went for a walk around the block to check West Hollywood out.

It was incredibly nice out. Around 75 degrees. I checked the weather back home... 12 degrees. That’s a plus for LA.

The interview went awesome. It was with 3 people, one of whom was my friend who had recruited me.

I’ve had interviews that went ok. I have had bad interviews where I know that the position has been filled and I am just a number for them to put on an HR sheet saying that they interviewed so many candidates.

This was a great interview. It reminded me of my last interview at my current job back in 2007. A conversation about what’s going on and stories of what I have done in the past.

After it was over my friend Lisa walked me out.

“You killed it.”

I knew I had a great interview. Hearing it from someone just made me feel awesome.

She said I should hear something by the end of the week or beginning of next week. I really hope it’s sooner rather than later.

What’s nice about the job is that my hours would be VERY different from what I am working right now. I would be out of the office at 8pm. Some days, if it’s slow, I would be out earlier.

I have been toying with the idea of moving to LA for a few years now. The timing never really felt right.

Right now, it feels good.

After the interview I headed back to my hotel and had drinks with a guy who couldn’t make it into the interview but wanted to get to know me.

A buddy of mine had told me that having drinks is a good thing. I am guessing he wanted to see me in a social setting and make sure that I am not some socially inept guy.

After drinks I met up with two friends from the blog world that I had never met in person. Kelly and JR. We had quite a few drinks around WeHo and joked about what will be coming for me.

Overall... the experience was great. Now I just need to hear from them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you JP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back JP and welcome to Cali! Sounds like you made the right move and the right choice. Congratz and much success!

    ReplyDelete