Monday, May 4, 2009

Settle Down

I had a pretty good weekend leading into Sunday. Very mellow.

Friday I had dinner and drinks with two friends from home I haven't seen in a while. They pretty much talked the entire time but it was fun.

Saturday I went running tried to focus my head and when I got home I just relaxed on my couch watching the Yankees game.

I got a call from my softball manager asking me if I was still playing in one game on Sunday. I said yes one game.

I woke up Sunday to rain. As I started to get ready to go I called our manager to make sure the game was still on, despite the rain. It was. I drove into NY to pick up some teammates and it was really starting to pick up. I called several times to ask if the game was still on.

He assured me that we would be playing and that it was not raining in NJ.

See, every team in our league has to play one game in NJ for some odd reason. I swooped in and picked up 3 teammates and we all said, by the time we get out there the game would be canceled.

We were right. As soon as we got out of the car they called the game.

I was pissed. What made me even more pissed off is that I had to sit in traffic on my way home and had barely enough time to eat food and get to work and work all night.

I did get a phone call from my manager thanking me for what I did.

I don't know if it's me being a good teammate and trying to help the team out or bme being stupid enough to listen to my instincts with the rain.

JP has a new rule... if it's raining I am not heading to NY to play softball. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment