Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Lessons from Vacation


I have a new outlook on life right now, and it's thanks to my vacation and some people I met along the way. 10 days is a long time to have a vacation and I loved every minute of it.

I left NYC stressed. Where was my job taking me... what was up with my love life... just lots of questions I kept asking myself. Over the course of 10 days I had a lot of fun and had time to reflect on what the hell I was doing.
First there was Jesse. The Red Head I met in Orlando. I remembered why we went outside, my old roomie Erik had been thrown out (we didn't know this) and I wanted to go look outside for him. He came along with me to "look". As we rounded the corner of the building we walked maybe 10 yards and I stopped taking my phone out to text Erik. Jesse threw me up against the building and started making out with me. I went with it. He said one of the hottest things anyone has ever said to me...
"You are amazing. I want to spend the entire weekend with you."
He said this looking directly into my eyes, with a smile. I melted. We continued to make out, a little rubbing and grinding that night and I could feel his cell phone vibrating in his pocket. It was his girlfriend.
The next day he called me when he got out of work... asked where I was and came and met up with me at the Magic Kingdom. We ate, hung out and headed back to my hotel room to shower and head over to City Walk at Universal Studios where my buddy is a bartender. We hung out at his bar, drank a few drinks and headed for Groove, a dance club. Not bad.
Saturday was pretty much the same thing except Jesse was with me the entire day and we sat down to have lunch at Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom and "talked". He has been dating a girl on and off for the past 2 years. She moved in a few months ago to help save on rent and it was convenient. He has been with guys before and calls himself confused and bisexual. He reached out, took my hand and looked me in the eyes and told me that I was a great guy and could really see himself leaving his girlfriend for me.
I took it as a major compliment. We were both really into each other. I left Orlando and drove to Palm Beach. It was pouring rain and Jesse called to make sure that I got in ok. He called pretty much everyday and we would talk and Wednesday was a conversation that lasted 2 hours as I sat by the pool at midnight. He decided to break up with his girlfriend for good. He had also been laid off and was working a part time shift at some chain restaurant in Orlando and wanted to "get out of the state" and said he wanted to move to New York.
I did not know what to say and told him not to be irrational but if he were to move to New York, obviously I would be a happy guy because he is a great guy. I do know that if he does move to NYC we would not live together and we would have to see what happens, but I am open to it.
I don't know if he was serious about moving to NYC, I guess time will tell. What I do know is that he has given me some serious confidence. Maybe it is what he needed. Maybe I am the guys that helps him accept himself and become the person he really is. A lot of maybes but i do know this for sure, he is a part of an amazing vacation that really changed a lot.
In other news, burried at the bottom of the post, I have two BIG interviews coming up in the next 3 weeks. Same company, different divisions. One is in Sports and one is in Entertainment... wish me luck!
**The picture is a view from the deck that leads to the beach right infront of my parents condo in Palm Beach

4 comments:

  1. Good to read that you had a GREAT vacation. Haven't talk to you in a while, hope all is well. GOOD LUCK with your upcoming interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude go slow with the Jesse... Lost his job working in a chain restaurant... broke up with the GF only after meeting u over a weekend.... Come on... To much to soon to fast... Happy you had a great time and remember you are a good lookin guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pushed up against the wall and made out with you? HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn JP, that was def worth the wait. whoah...
    I think the awesome thing is that guys can meet a gay guy that doesn't scream the usual generalizaions and find some confidence and reasons to try it out, maybe even come out, etc..
    your blog prolly does the same for lots of readers. anyway, glad you're back, wow interviews! good luck, later.

    ReplyDelete