Saturday, March 31, 2007

I love Fridays

Fridays are turning out to be great days. Work was bleh. I hit the gym after and took a nap. From there I went and bought a new shirt and tie and took a trip to Best Buy to buy the EXACT camera I bought a few months ago (more on that in another post)

Anyway, I was supposed to meet up with someone who reads the blog and lives in NYC. We have been talking on AIM for a little bit and he seemed nice. He had asked me a few days ago late night and I declined saying that I wanted to talk a little longer before we met up. Wednesday night we decided to go meet at a bar near MSG. So back to Friday... I get back from the store and sit down. I had about an hour and a half to get ready, my roommate was taking tokes off of his bong in the bathroom and carrying on a conversation with me as I downloaded music and talked to Tim from I Think I Might Be Gay and Erik a friend back in Connecticut.

Side Note: Erik has a hot ex boyfriend who is also a sort of ex of a friend of mine...

Anyway, roomie leave to go to happy hour, I take a shower in my bathroom smelling of weed and get dressed. I decide to go sporty with jeans, a white AF polo and my khaki jacket. I had sent this guy an e-mail earlier asking if we were still on for today... I check my e-mail and he canceled because he wasn't feeling well. No big deal, this kinda stuff happens.

Jacob, from last weekend, texts me and asks me what I am up to and we decide we will meet for a drink later tonight.

Ryan, another blog reader and writer, and I have been trying to meet up since he moved back to NYC with his boyfriend from Alaska (or Seattle, I forget) he was working at a club downtown and I wanted to go visit, say hi but the place has a cover and is not exactly my kind of scene so decided against it.

I am sitting on my futon, contemplating what to do while I wait for Jacob and my phone rings. I look at the number, don't know who it is, but it's a 917/NYC area code. I answer and it's a guy I have been e-mailing back and forth who lives in the city named Nick. We talk for a little bit about our weekend plans and decide to meet up for one drink.

One drink led to 7 beers and a free shot from the waitress who was hitting on us. Nick and I were in conversation about the Disney College Program that we both did at different times and this obviously drunk girl comes over and starts hitting on me. We get to talking and she asks us how we know each other. She was one of those drunk girls at a frat party that is just oblivious to her surroundings.

Nick got up to go to the bathroom and she asked me if I was into her. I responded back that I was more into Nick. After an awkward beat she goes, "OH MY GOD... YOU GUYS ARE GAY! THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME. I LOVE GAY GUYS." in a drunken valley girl voice that sounds like Will Forte playing Drunk Girl on SNL.

Anyway, Nick and I had a great night of talking an I don't know what the future holds for us but I do know that he has 2 cats at his apartment and I break out in hives when I am around cats.

Things are looking up!

4 comments:

  1. Hey guy..love the blog. Also a graduate of the WDWCP from the Disney/MGM Studios.

    Keep up the great work!

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SNL drunk girl is one of my all time favorites. I knew so many of them in college, even though I wasn't in a fraternity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for linking to ryan's posting. i actually play football with him. i'll be sure to thank him for the inspirational words next time i see him. its an awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the biggest gay/homosexual ever... Go to FuCk wit your father... beach gay.Go get masturbate with that male bodys

    ReplyDelete