Saturday, November 11, 2006

Death

I know I said I would make postings alot, but Thursday night I was given horrible news. My best friends mother passed away from cancer Thursday afternoon. She had been battling breast and bone cancer.

Lori and Lisa, twin sisters, have been friends of mine since I was a sophmore in high school. Her mom was the essential italian mom. Always cooking, making sure we had enough to eat and always would think of the small things when it came to being friends with them. I know I will truely miss her.

I last saw her back in September. I was home from New York City in Connecticut and was picking up the twins to go out and celebrate their birthday. Lori and Lisas mom was sitting on the couch, and looked very weak. She was in her favorite position, watching movies.

I gave her a hug before I left and she walked us to the door. I gave her a kiss goodbye.

Almost a month after I lost my grandfather to cancer my best friends lose their mom. The funeral is Monday.

Death brings out a part of us that is good. The little things that you would never think of get done. When my grandfather passed away, our large family got together for what was 4 days of drinking and eating. THE IRISH WAKE. I remember being up until 4am in my parents house, crying, and then waking up early the next morning to head back to NYC to get my suit and clothes for the next week. When I got to my aunts house, my uncle frank was there, gave me a beer and a HUGE hug. Everyone that was at the house had some kind of Blue or Giants gear and watched the Giants beat Atlanta.

What I do have to look forward to is the Bears/Giants game on Sunday night.

I will take some good pictures and post them for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment