Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Where Amazing Happens

This is the tag line to the NBA Playoffs right now. My amazing is something different. I really don't give a fuck about guys right now.

I have used this outlet to vent my frustrations about men, dating and everything in between. I have had some interests but that was over a year ago.

Over the last few weeks I have been working on an application to a Fellowship program based out of LA. It's consumed ever inch of my being the last few weeks. I lost myself in the world I created for this one, 22 minute sitcom. After I put everything together I took a look at what I had written. Made changes and sent it to my a friend I know and trust who is a writer.

"JP- I am a huge fan of the show. I laughed my ass off reading this thing"

This was the first response of many.

"wow... really great!!! some of the lines are so spot on that i had to read them a few times and think... did they actually say that on an episode already?! I am very impressed.."

Seeing if they were blowing smoke up my ass I sent it to a friend of mine who I know is just very negative. He even loved it. Well, he started with running commentary on AIM... I told him to finish the whole thing then get back to me. 20 minutes later he said he laughed out loud the entire way though.

Either way, the responses I have been getting from friends who read it love it. I just hope the judges love it as much as my friends who have read it do.

Other than focusing on what I have been writing there isn't much to report to the blog.

Life has been pretty boring.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great man! I'd love to read your script. Good luck with everything and I hope it works out.

    Hot ass pic you've got there too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JP, since I knew you back in the we days of life, I'd like to be at your first episode party once your sitcom becomes a reality and your rick and famous.

    ReplyDelete