Monday, April 27, 2009

Opening Day and more

This past Saturday was opening day for my softball team. Before I go into the details of the game let's backtrack to the start of an awesome weekend.

My work week ends on Thursday. Usually I am at work until about 2 or 3am. Thursday I was having really bad sinus pain. I couldn't concentrate. The guy I sit next to said I went from looking fine to absolute crap in 10 minutes.

He told me to go home and that he would cover for me.

I got home... took a bunch of Claritin and went to bed.

Friday was just an amazing day. I felt better and wanted to be outside as much as possible. I went for a run. Set a best in the mile and hung out the rest of the day.

Saturday I trekked into NY by train for my game. The weather on Saturday was amazing. I didn't realize how hot it was until someone said it was pushing 90 degrees. With no humidity it felt awesome.

Here are my stats (off the top of my head)

Game 1> 3-for-4 with 2 RBIs
Game 2> 2-for-4 with no RBIs

I messed up two plays in the field but that's ok... I'm a little rusty.

The rest of the night I hung out with my friend Ben. He and I worked together in NY, he's straight so it's nothing like that. We pretty much went around and drank our faces off... told jokes and hung out.

All in all it was a great weekend. No stories of meeting guys... but just a nice relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment