Monday, June 16, 2008

Dave Matthews

For most teenagers in Connecticut, Dave Matthews Band playing at the Meadows is a rite of passage. Summer of 1999 was my first DMB concert and it was the infamous Meadows Riots that have gone down in tour lore. I was there for 2 days and just remember being really drunk and a bunch of my friends making out with strangers while I just listened to the music.

Anyway... here is the set list from the concert.

Don’t Drink the Water
So Damn Lucky
Corn Bread
Old Dirt Hill
Everyday
Rhyme And Reason
Proudest Monkey
Satellite
You Might Die Trying
Out Of My Hands
Two Step
Dreaming Tree
The Idea Of You
Crush
Ants Marching

__________________

Sister
Hey Hey My My (Into the Black)
Country Jam (Improv)
Louisiana Bayou

It was a weak ending if you ask me. He ended the concert with Ants Marching, always a fan favorite.

What really got me was how different it was sitting out on the lawn at 27 rather than 18. My last "Dave" show was back last summer on Randalls Island. A buddy of mine had scored seats up close and I took him up on it. It was an all day music festival and it ended at sunset with DMB coming out on stage and performing.

What got me is that almost 10 years ago I was one of the drunk high school kids roaming around the concert and now here I am 10 years later still enjoying the concert.

Either way... a Dave Matthews Band concert is always a good time and it was for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge Dave Matthews fan and have seen him in concert over 20 times.

    ReplyDelete