Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Gay Football Players...

A study of former high-school American Football players has found that more than a third said they had had sexual relations with other men.

I read this article a few weeks ago and wasn't surprised by the findings at all. I know from experience that it happens. If it's in high school or in college it happens. I am sure all of you are thinking of that hot football player who you really wanted to hook up with in high school. Well, he was probably getting head from one of the guys in the drama department.

Justin sent me an article from Salon that talked about the study that was conducted by Eric Anderson who wrote the book, "In the Game: Gay Athletes and the Cult of Masculinity."

I remembered I had the study saved as a draft in my GMail and I brought it back up to share with all of you. The study is just an estimate. 19 of 47 former high school football players say that they have engaged in a gay sex act. nderson defined gay sex as activity intended to give sexual pleasure to another man, even if it was part of a three-way sex act involving a woman.

I would love to perform a study like that. It gets me thinking about all the guys that I have hooked up with that have played high school football... hmm. I wonder....

2 comments:

  1. Did you read it more closely? It was 19 of 47 former high school football players who were all now college cheerleaders. Not to put a stereotype on anything, but that seems a rather narrow and skewed sampling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I Did read that... it makes better blog foder when you leave that out. I've actually talked to Anderson before. I don't think it's a true representation to be honest, but still hot to think about.

    and hotter to live it.

    ReplyDelete