Thursday, August 23, 2007

Feels like Fall


It’s been pretty chilly for August the past few days here in NYC. Saturday was a beautiful day... Sunday was dreary and chilly and yesterday was cold for August. It reminds me that my favorite season is upon us... FALL!

Fall reminds me of football... the sport has played an important role in my life and has made me who I am today. The scars on my knees, elbows, hands and face. The discipline, way I run and work ethic all come from the sport. Not to mention my locker room fetish. As most of you know, I am obsessed with the NY Giants. That first game I went to versus the Cowboys in 1987 created a die hard fan that has laughed, cried and followed the team all over to cheer for Big Blue.

It’s crazy that this one sport has played a role in my life and I don’t play the sport at all anymore, now just a spectator. I guess what got me thinking about all of this is the weather and a recent run in at the airport before I left for Las Vegas.

As I was walking to my gate, I was listening to music on my iPhone and spotted someone familiar, it was my high school football coach. Coach Maff took over as head coach of our football team for my senior season. Up until then, Coach MacDougal had coached the team for over 30 years. He is the most winningst coach in Connecticut history and was inducted into the HS Football Hall of Fame my Sophomore season.

Anyway... Coach Maff was there at the airport to take his son off to college at Nebraska. Little Bobby had been our water boy and now he was off to Nebraska to be a manager for the team in hopes of working out with a bunch of players and trying to walk on next season.

Looking back, I wish I had played football in college but I had a GREAT time as a fraternity man.

Anyway, Last night I got a beer with Cooper and his friend Daniel at GYM last night where a crush of mine was there. I shouldn't really call him a crush per say because we have never met in person. The guy is the older brother of a guy I went to college with. I don't know what it is about him but I find him very attractive. SIGH.... It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment