Thursday, February 8, 2007

discover more music

So I have been talking with Tim about music lately. He has been sending me bands that he likes, that he thinks I would also like. A year ago I found through a friend Pandora.

Pandora is a music discovery service designed to help you enjoy music you already know, and to help you discover new music you'll love. It's powered by the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken, the Music Genome Project: a crazy project started back in early 2000 to capture the complex musical DNA of songs using a large team of highly-trained musicians. Just tell us one of your favorite songs or artists and we'll launch a streaming station to explore that part of the musical universe.

I really like it because I like music but just don’t have the time to go and find music that I like or similar types of bands. Yea, I am somewhat lazy but Pandora is something that I am really liking right now. Imagine having an iTunes with unlimited music playing by bands you like and bands that sound like bands that you also like. I have been listening to The Fray How to Save a Life album on repeat the past few days and I went to Pandora and get a playlist of music. It selects the songs and so far I have enjoyed the bands they have selected. Anyway, I would say give it a try. I am liking the music that I am listening to right now, to help me focus on writing and get rid of my writers block.

2 comments:

  1. JPIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!

    Hhaha whats goin on man? Yeah, there is lots to talk about hehe. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.

    Sorry I didn't say it the day of- I have had no privacy WHAT-SO-EVER and couldn't check up on anything.

    How have you been bro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love "the fray" - they're awesome.

    have you heard "all at once", "over my head" and "trust me"??

    all, really good.

    :)

    ReplyDelete