Monday, July 14, 2014

2 years later

Apparently it's been two years. Time really flies. A lot has happened in two years. I have a new job. I'm still single but have had some crazy dating stories. I also forgot about this blog. Most people give up, try again, give up, try again.

This time I'm coming back to the blog with a story that comes full circle.

My date with David was amazing. He's a fantastic guy who I was extremely attracted to. After the fireworks I remember heading back to his apartment and having our own fireworks display. I needed to shower before work and we decided to take one together. It was hot. It was fun. Most importantly I had a huge smile on my face.

David and I hung out a few times after that but he decided to tell me he just wanted to be friends.

Was it my weight? (Note: I've now lost 35lbs since then)

Was it something I said? You ask yourself all kinds of questions when you get put into the friend zone.

It took some time but I moved on to other guys. First and second dates. A lot of dates being canceled at the last minute.

A long distance relationship with someone I met on Twitter. (long story for another day)

Two years & one day later I saw David again but this time on Fire Island.

My friends Carlo and Dubs wanted to go somewhere 4th of July weekend and we decided on Fire Island. We got off the ferry and who do I run into but David. I had not seen him out in a very long time. Last time I had saw him he had a boyfriend who was a banker (read: douche) and was traveling the world with him.

"Hey you." He drunkenly slurred and then proceeded to make out with me. I had been off the ferry and on the island for about a good 5 seconds.

"What are you up to this weekend? You're looking good. Come to my house." He continued in one continuous sentence. He gave me his address and said to come by after tea.

Of course my friends rolled their eyes and thought it was amazing that I immediately knew someone and got myself into that situation.

David came to join us on the beach and said to me that he was thinking about me all day on the 4th and really didn't realize how romantic the date had been and that he wasn't in the right frame of mind to date someone when we had met.

Today, I wouldn't give him a second chance. I feel like we had our moment, moved past it but can still be friends. The old JP never would have thought that way but now I am wiser, stronger and fuck I look good.

More stories to come. 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back & Happy belated 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you blogged again and that my Feedly still picks you up! I have not blogged in ages..maybe you'll be my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete