Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Yankee Stadium

Billy has talked about Citi Field out in Queens that replaced Shea Stadium. I have yet to make it out to see a Yankees game at the New Stadium. "The House that George Built"

From all accounts the place is re-donk-u-lous. I have a bunch of friends that have been out there and have just loved it. Gawker/Deadspin is calling it the "big ATM in the Bronx" another sports blog calls it Hard Rock Cafe... I like calling it Baseball's New Cathedral.

Something really cool about the Stadium is that there is a new Metro North station that will take fans from the suburbs right to the Stadium. Bloomberg took the Subway to the game. I think he is the only Mayor in America that regularly rides the Subway everywhere.
I can't wait to get to the Stadium...

1 comment:

  1. im so jealous that my friends graduating from nyu this year are taking over yankee stadium

    ReplyDelete