Well, I guess I have kept everyone in the dark for this long, I have to come out and tell everyone what has been going on. I have been offered a job out in Los Angeles working at a television studio. I know, very exciting. The last time I was out in LA, I had interviewed for a position with the same studio and I did not get it. However, when this position opened up they thought of me.
At first I was really excited about this career move. This is what I had been waiting for… my big chance to work on the entertainment side of television. Then I started to freak out about how I would be moving out there, how I had barely any money saved up to buy a car and get out there and how moving across country takes time.
I got the call on Thursday evening, and conveniently had dinner with Billy and Cooper to talk it over. They said that I needed to do this. That it was an opportunity that I just had to take. I was freaking out. Then came the conversation with my parents about the position. I am close with both my mom and dad. There is a long story about how I once had a car and how it is now my youngest sisters car. It was my college graduation gift and now my sister is moving to NYC and does NOT want to give it up… my parents agree.
I think it’s their way of saying that they don’t want me moving across country. It’s the only think holding me back… I have places to stay, mostly couches of friends until I find an apartment to live in close to where the studio is so I don’t spend a lot of money on gas.
I may just go out there, rent a car for a week and see what I can make happen at a used car dealership. I asked my father if he could help me out with a down payment on a car and to co-sign with me since I don’t have the best of credit.
The roommate situation worked itself out… my friend Paula will move out to LA with me hoping to find better luck in love and to get a fresh start… Today I make a call to another network that may or may not be the “World Wide Leader in Sports” to see what their offer is… I am still waiting to hear back “officially” from them about a job… its been MONTHS!
So.. in the coming days I will set my move out date and figure out if it’s possible for me to afford to move out there… Stay Tuned… my life is about to be turned UPSIDE DOWN